Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

can you suggest the most cost efficient pass for my travel

braw
New Author
0 Likes

Hi, 

1st question, is there any discount for senior > 65 years of age?

2nd, my parents plan to stay in Zurich for 2-3 days, taking train to Lucerne and Bern; then take train from Zurich to Geneva where they stay for another 3-4 days, may travel to Lusanne, take the ferry, then will take train from Geneva to Zurich airport. While staying in Geneva, they may take buses as well. And for the train, they will choose 1st class seats.

- which pass do you recommend? half travel card or just buy full price tickets

- will it be cheaper if I order tickets online ahead of time?

thanks,

braw

MarinaZ
Pendler/in
0 Likes

Hello @braw

Thank you for your request.

Seniors doesn't have a special reduction here in Switzerland.

I think the best ticket for your parents will be the Swiss Travel Pass. More informations you will find here: https://www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/travel-in-switzerland/international-guests/swiss-travel-pass.....

The other possibility is to buy tickets on our website. There you can buy ordinary tickets. The ordinary tickets are on all train valid on that day. If you already know on what time your parents travel you can check if online were some supersaver tickets available. Please note that the Online tickets can be purchased 30 days before the departure day.  

Perhaps there are some Supersaver Daily Cards available, which are the whole day in valid: https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/1-day-travelpass/saver-day-pas...

Kind regards,

MarinaZ

braw
New Author
0 Likes

Marina -

thank you so much for your response. so you think the travel pass would be let me better off than half-fare travelcard? 

for purchasing tickets online ahead of time, does the supersave ticket valid for the entire day or I have to buy for a certain time?

thanks again for your kind help,

braw

CharlineB
Traveller (platinum)
0 Likes

Hello braw,

I advise you to buy the Swiss Half Fare Card and buy online some supersaver tickets or a Saver Day Pass (https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/1-day-travelpass/saver-day-pas...)

A supersaver ticket is only valid for the connection you choose. You can't take an other train with this ticket.

The  Saver Day Pass is valid a whole day for all means of transport in Switzerland (except for certain mountain trains and funiculars).

Kind regards,

CharlineB