Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

buy Swiss Travel Pass online validity

Ivan_koh
New Author
0 Likes

Hi,

I am a resident in switzerland. I plan to buy Swiss Travel Pass Flex 8 days for my family who is planning to visit me in september. Since i will meet her in May so i think to buy the ticket and bring back to her so she can use for first time when she coming to switzerland at septembe 2018.

I checked thru SBB official website and it seems that the validity to buy swiss travel pass is less than 2 months. this create the problem that i can't buy the ticket in May 2018 for travel period at september 2018.

Can you please let me know how can i proceed now if i want to buy swiss travel pass to use on september 2018 ?

thank you

SandraI
0 Likes

HI @Ivan_koh

The sale of tickets for journeys in Switzerland is restricted to 30-60 days before the travel date departure.

The Swiss Travel Pass Flex will be sent to you by post. You can also submit us the address of your family when placing your order. Or they can also purchase the tickets at a railaway ticket counter upon arrival in Switzerland (Please note the business hours: www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/am-bahnhof/railway-stations/bahnhof-finden.html).

Kind regards
SandraI