Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).
Highlighted

a few questions about public transportation

New Author
0 Likes

hello,

I'm moving to Montreux for a couple of years to study for my masters degree, I was looking through SBB website for the best subscription for me and it's confusing because of the many options, is the half fare travel card the best for me? if so do I get the youth card or the regular one? or is there a student card? lastly am I able to get the card at the Geneva airport to use it on my train to Montreux? or should I get it online before coming there? and how much will I pay for everything?

thanks to everyone in advance, this sub has been very helpful for me to get info for the past few months. 🙂

Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @aryankanse6 

Thank you for you query.

With the Half-Fare travelcard, you travel at half price on SBB and most other railways, as well as on boats and postbuses. You must purchase a half-price ticket each time before travelling. If you travel the same route more than 3 times a week, we recommend a route season ticket. If you make different journeys, the general Abonnement may be the best solution. For detailed advice, please contact our Contact Center directly on 0041 (0) 848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min).

I wish you a pleasant day.

Kind regards, AferditaS

Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello,

I'm a Master's student at the University of Lucerne. I need to travel from Lucerne to Montreux on a weekly basis (my autumn internship starts in mid October and ends in August 2021). Should I get seven25-Abo? What are the variants for weekly commuting?

Lisa

Lisa McGuire

https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/railpasses/seven25-travelcard.html https://hireessaywriter.onl my master's thesis

Highlighted

0 Likes

Hi Lisa

thank you for your post. With the Seven25 travelcard you can enjoy unlimited travel in 2nd class from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. on SBB trains and those of most other railways, as well as on much of the public transport in Switzerland. This ist the perfect offer if you will be mostly travelling after 7p.m.

If you travel more than 3 times a week, we suggest to purchase a travelcard. Please contact our SBB Contact Center for moreinformation and a personal service.

Here ist the number 0848 4 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min)

I wish you a pleasant evening.

EleonoraS