Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Zurich to Wengen and sledging the Jungfrau.

SOLVED
Dawisn

Hello,

we are arriving into Zurich 27 Dec and will be traveling up to wengen to go sledging until 30 Dec when we will return to Zurich to celebrate through the New Years. My question is what is the best combo ticket for our family of three to buy. We have two adults and one eight year old, as well as we want to make use of the Bertner Oberlander transportation system. Is that a completely separate ticket, or is there any way to combine into some type of tourist package. There seem to be so many options I am getting confused as to what I should purchase to maximize our travel costs including lift, train, and gondola options once we arrive up into the jungfrau. Thanks for everyone on here who helps us folks out! Very appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RolandP
Pendler/in (Bronze)

Hello @Dawisn 

I suggest the 3 days Top of Europe Winter Pass for the Jungfrau area.

For the rest of the days, I do not know yet as all depends on the length of your stay. I would have said, the Swiss Half Fare Card including complementary Swiss Family Card. But if you only stay in Zurich, the Swiss Half Fare Card is not worth either.

I wondered why you want returning to Zurich for New Year? Family reasons? If not, there is no point in going to Zurich. New Year is not really a big event in Switzerland, especially in cities, apart from the fireworks display in Zurich after midnight; shops and attractions will be closed from 31 DEC late afternoon including 01 JAN / 02 JAN. You would better spend the New Year in the mountains, there is where people spend New Year. Your 8-year will be bored to death in Zurich while I do imagine he/she will absolutely love sledding and playing in the snow. Snow in the cities is very unlikely to happen.

See the TripAdvisor Switzerland Forums for more advice on what to do in Switzerland. Here, we are the ticket experts.

Best regards,
Roland

War mein Beitrag hilfreich? Dann freue ich mich über einen Like oder die Markierung als Lösung :: Was my reply helpful? Thank you for giving it a like or mark it as solution.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY
RolandP
Pendler/in (Bronze)

Hello @Dawisn 

I suggest the 3 days Top of Europe Winter Pass for the Jungfrau area.

For the rest of the days, I do not know yet as all depends on the length of your stay. I would have said, the Swiss Half Fare Card including complementary Swiss Family Card. But if you only stay in Zurich, the Swiss Half Fare Card is not worth either.

I wondered why you want returning to Zurich for New Year? Family reasons? If not, there is no point in going to Zurich. New Year is not really a big event in Switzerland, especially in cities, apart from the fireworks display in Zurich after midnight; shops and attractions will be closed from 31 DEC late afternoon including 01 JAN / 02 JAN. You would better spend the New Year in the mountains, there is where people spend New Year. Your 8-year will be bored to death in Zurich while I do imagine he/she will absolutely love sledding and playing in the snow. Snow in the cities is very unlikely to happen.

See the TripAdvisor Switzerland Forums for more advice on what to do in Switzerland. Here, we are the ticket experts.

Best regards,
Roland

War mein Beitrag hilfreich? Dann freue ich mich über einen Like oder die Markierung als Lösung :: Was my reply helpful? Thank you for giving it a like or mark it as solution.