Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our support form for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, etc.).

Zurich to Grindelwald

New Author
0 Likes

My husband and I will be travelling from Zurich to Grindelwald and would like to take the more scenic route which I understand is via Arth-Goldau. We plan to stop in Lucerne or other pretty places for an hour or two on the way. Is there a ticket that we can buy in advance for a cheaper price or are we best to buy a ticket on the day? I would also welcome recommendations on any towns that are worth stopping at on the way.

Thanks,

Clare

Re: Zurich to Grindelwald

0 Likes

Hi @Clare1 

Price information within Switzerland is available in the Ticket Shop. Please click on:
- www.sbb.ch/en/ticketshop/b2c/adw.do?125
- Select date and required journey
- click on "next"

You will receive a summary of all price categories.

Depending on the trips you intend to do by train, the offer Swiss Travel System is better than an standard or saver day pass ticket: www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/travel-in-switzerland/international-guests.html

You can compare the fares with the offers of our Swiss Travel System.

We have many ideas for excursions: https://www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/ideas.html

Kind regards
SandraI

New Author
0 Likes

Hi Sandra, 

Thank you for your response. When I follow your instructions, the only option I receive is to purchase a point to point ticket. The trip we intend to do is from Zurich to Grindelwald, stopping for a few hours in Lucerne or other scenic stops. We would not want to be tied to a specific time and would complete the full trip in one day. Are you able to advise if its worth purchasing a ticket in advance or not please?

Thanks, 

Clare

0 Likes

Hello @Clare1 

With the Swiss Travel System, it doesn't matter whether you buy it in advance or directly at an SBB ticket counter. You will find all the information you need in Sandra's reply

Kind regards,
FatimaH