Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Zermatt to Milano

jontante
New Author

Hi,

i will be travelling from Zermatt to Milano Centrale with a swiss travel pass (2nd class). 

i understand that the journey from Zermatt - Visp will be covered, and that an additional ticket from Visp to Milan will be required.

However on the SBB ticketing page, there is an option for GA holders that grants a half-price reduction; does it apply to my swiss travel pass? 

i got my swiss travel pass from a third party site (klook.com) so it is not linked to my SBB account, will it still work?

thanks

2 REPLIES
RolandP
Pendler/in (Bronze)

Hello @jontante 

With the Swiss Travel Pass, you can travel as far as Domodossola. When buying tickets, simply choose "GA travel card" which is the equivalent to the STP. You must have a seat reservation, too, latest from Domodossola.

It does not matter from where you got the STP; you simply have to buy a ticket Zermatt-Milano with "GA travel card" reduction. There is no automated check upon purchase if you are entitled to buy such a ticket, this will manually be done by the ticket inspector on the train.

Best regards,
Roland

War mein Beitrag hilfreich? Dann freue ich mich über einen Like oder die Markierung als Lösung :: Was my reply helpful? Thank you for giving it a like or mark it as solution.
DafineM

Hi @jontante 

Thank you for your request.

On the following link you will find all the information you need and also the coverage map.

Swiss Travel Pass – the All-in-one-Ticket for Switzerland | SBB

Map "Area of validity Swiss Travel Pass". (mystsnet.com)

I wish you a pleasant day.

Greetings, DafineM