Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Which kind of ticket needed to stop over and get back on train same day?

Belmaree
New Author
0 Likes

I will be staying at Hotel Bains de Lavey at St. Maurice and want to go for the day first to Lausanne and stop over to Montreux on my way back to St. Maurice.  But I can also go to Lausanne one day and go from St. Maurice the next day. Which kind of ticket will let me stop over another town in the same day?  Is it the Point to Point?  I don't think the SuperSaver will let me do it.

Re: Which kind of ticket needed to stop over and get back on train same day?

VlaznimA
0 Likes

Hello @Belmaree 

In this case I recommend you to see if the point to point tickets are cheaper or if you should buy a day pass directly. If you decide to buy a day ticket, you can also buy a super saver day pass, which will allow you to travel as well. The point to point ticket allows you to travel the purchased route 1x during 1 day. The day passes/super saver day passes, on the other hand, allow you to travel as many times as you want in one day throughout Switzerland.

Kind regards, VlaznimA.