Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

When do you need a return ticket?

SOLVED
FlorinN
New Author

Hi!

I am new in Switzerland and new to using SBB also, thus there is something I don't really understand. 

So, if a ticket is valid, let's say, for 4 hours travelling from A to B, then I can also come back with the same ticket on the same route, from B to A, within those 4 hours, or do I need a separate return ticket even though I am in that timeframe?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VlaznimA

Hello @FlorinN 

If you return the exact connection with the same vias in this time, you do not need a return ticket. However, the arrival should be included in this period and not only the departure. If the return train arrives after the 4 hours, you need a new ticket. You'll get more information at our contact center by calling the number 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/Min.).

Have a nice day.

Kind regards, VlaznimA.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES
VlaznimA

Hello @FlorinN 

If you return the exact connection with the same vias in this time, you do not need a return ticket. However, the arrival should be included in this period and not only the departure. If the return train arrives after the 4 hours, you need a new ticket. You'll get more information at our contact center by calling the number 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/Min.).

Have a nice day.

Kind regards, VlaznimA.

Thank you for your response. Now it's clear! 🙂