Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).
Highlighted

What kind of ticket do I need to purchase for the children to one day travel

New Author
0 Likes

We will be travelling in September with 2 adults  and 1 child (13 years old). For adult we will be buying 'Saver Day Pass' for the frist day, from Zurich to Luzern to  Zermatt. I have a question, for the child, which ticket should i buy?   '1-Day Travelpass for children'  or 'Saver Day Pass for children' . Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @MandySo 

Thank you for your request.

I recommend you to buy one of the following offers: 

• When accompanied by an adult with a valid ticket, children aged six to 16 years can travel 2nd class for CHF 16 for the whole day. The 1-day travelpass for children costs CHF 32 for 1st class.
  • You have also the possibility to buy the Children's Co travelcard. With the Children’s Co-travelcard for CHF 30, one child from six years can travel throughout Switzerland for a whole year. It is valid for children up to their 16th birthday accompanied by an adult (16 and over) holding a valid ticket. Please note that you must bring an official form of identification for the child to the counter when purchasing tickets and travelcards.

I wish you a nice day. 

Best regards, 

MarinaZ

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @MandySo 

I recommend you to buy one of the following offers: 

• When accompanied by an adult with a valid ticket, children aged six to 16 years can travel 2nd class for CHF 16 for the whole day. The 1-day travelpass for children costs CHF 32 for 1st class.
  • You have also the possibility to buy the Children's Co travelcard. With the Children’s Co-travelcard for CHF 30, one child from six years can travel throughout Switzerland for a whole year. It is valid for children up to their 16th birthday accompanied by an adult (16 and over) holding a valid ticket. Please note that you must bring an official form of identification for the child to the counter when purchasing tickets and travelcards.

I wish you a nice day. 

Best regards, 

MarinaZ

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Visitor
0 Likes

We will travel using saver day pass with 2 Kids 3 and 5 years, do I need to buy any kind of pass or ticket for them.
thank you

Highlighted

Visitor
0 Likes
@Morad 
We will travel using saver day pass with 2 Kids 3 and 5 years, do I need to buy any kind of pass or ticket for them.
thank you
Highlighted

0 Likes

Hi @Morad 

Accompanied children under six years travel free of charge. The accompanying person must be at least 12 years old and hold a valid ticket. It is not necessary to take a ticket for them.

You will find more information under: www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/children.html

Regards
NicolasK