Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our support form for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, etc.).

What kind of ticket do I need to purchase for the children to one day travel

New Author
0 Likes

We will be travelling in September with 2 adults  and 1 child (13 years old). For adult we will be buying 'Saver Day Pass' for the frist day, from Zurich to Luzern to  Zermatt. I have a question, for the child, which ticket should i buy?   '1-Day Travelpass for children'  or 'Saver Day Pass for children' . Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: What kind of ticket do I need to purchase for the children to one day travel

0 Likes

Hello @MandySo 

Thank you for your request.

I recommend you to buy one of the following offers: 

• When accompanied by an adult with a valid ticket, children aged six to 16 years can travel 2nd class for CHF 16 for the whole day. The 1-day travelpass for children costs CHF 32 for 1st class.
  • You have also the possibility to buy the Children's Co travelcard. With the Children’s Co-travelcard for CHF 30, one child from six years can travel throughout Switzerland for a whole year. It is valid for children up to their 16th birthday accompanied by an adult (16 and over) holding a valid ticket. Please note that you must bring an official form of identification for the child to the counter when purchasing tickets and travelcards.

I wish you a nice day. 

Best regards, 

MarinaZ

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: What kind of ticket do I need to purchase for the children to one day travel

0 Likes

Hello @MandySo 

I recommend you to buy one of the following offers: 

• When accompanied by an adult with a valid ticket, children aged six to 16 years can travel 2nd class for CHF 16 for the whole day. The 1-day travelpass for children costs CHF 32 for 1st class.
  • You have also the possibility to buy the Children's Co travelcard. With the Children’s Co-travelcard for CHF 30, one child from six years can travel throughout Switzerland for a whole year. It is valid for children up to their 16th birthday accompanied by an adult (16 and over) holding a valid ticket. Please note that you must bring an official form of identification for the child to the counter when purchasing tickets and travelcards.

I wish you a nice day. 

Best regards, 

MarinaZ

Visitor
0 Likes

We will travel using saver day pass with 2 Kids 3 and 5 years, do I need to buy any kind of pass or ticket for them.
thank you

Visitor
0 Likes
@Morad 
We will travel using saver day pass with 2 Kids 3 and 5 years, do I need to buy any kind of pass or ticket for them.
thank you

0 Likes

Hi @Morad 

Accompanied children under six years travel free of charge. The accompanying person must be at least 12 years old and hold a valid ticket. It is not necessary to take a ticket for them.

You will find more information under: www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/children.html

Regards
NicolasK