Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Validity of a zone ticket Geneva

SOLVED
khuongle
New Author

Hello,

Normally when I purchase the zone tickets in Geneva area, they will be valid for 60 or 90 mins (depending on the zones). In case I get on the bus near the end of the ticket validity, and at the end of my trip my ticket will no longer be valid, do I have to buy a new ticket during my trip, or is it ok as long as I got on the bus during the valid period of my first ticket?

Many thanks!

Best,

K.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ZoeS

Hello @khuongle 

Thank you for your enquiry.

No. If your validity expires during the journey, you will need a new ticket - otherwise you will not have a valid ticket with you at the control.
Have a nice afternoon.

Kind regards, ZoeS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES
khuongle
New Author

Thanks ZoeS for your answer. Actually this perception of mine comes from the time when I used the Gleis 7 card, which allows its owner to travel freely from 7 p.m to 5 a.m the following day. At that time I remember once I got on a train close to 5 a.m and it was fine (checked by the controller). I wonder if that is still ok for Gleis 7 card?

ZoeS

Hello @khuongle 

Thank you for your enquiry.

No. If your validity expires during the journey, you will need a new ticket - otherwise you will not have a valid ticket with you at the control.
Have a nice afternoon.

Kind regards, ZoeS