Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Valid range of Single ticket

Jennie
New Author
0 Likes

Hallo,

I want to go to “Zurich HB” from “Wädenswil” for buying a stuff. And it will take 10 minutes for buying the stuff. 

And the ticket guidance(from SBB app) says, the single ticket is valid for 2 hours  via 5 zones(110, 151, 152, 153...).

So if I can go and come back from Zurich to Wädenswil within 2 hours, can I buy and use a single ticket? Or do I need to buy 24 hours ticket? 

Thank you for reading. 
Have a nice day!

Accepted Solutions

Re: Valid range of Single ticket

Jennie
New Author
0 Likes

Thanks a lot. Your answer helped me. Have a good day, Eleonora!

View solution in original post

All Replies

EleonoraS
0 Likes

Dear @Jennie 

Thank you for your question. 

Yes, this ticket gives you the right to travel unlimitedly in the chosen zones within the 2 hours of validity. 

Have a nice afternoon

EleonoraS

Jennie
New Author
0 Likes

Thanks a lot. Your answer helped me. Have a good day, Eleonora!

View solution in original post

Lii
0 Likes
Hi @Eleonora S. ,

Does it also mean that I can buy a ticket for 1 day validity, for example, Zurich to Basel, and I can travel unlimitedly between? Then what is the difference betweeen the single ticket and round rip?

Thanks and best,
Li

EllenvS
0 Likes

Hi @Lii 

Not at all. You need to know the difference between a zone ticket and a point-to-point ticket. 

Zone tickets: The cantonal or regional fare networks in Switzerland have developed their own products. The tickets for the use of local public transport within the borders of these fare networks are sold according to time and zones.
Example: The zone ticket of the regional fare network "ZVV" for the journey from Zurich HB to Wädenswil.

Point-to-point ticket: The general Swiss passenger tariff applies to journeys that cross the borders of other transport fare networks. Example: A ticket from Zurich HB to Basel SBB.
Zurich HB is within the regional fare network of the ZVV. Basel SBB is in the area covered by the TNW fare network. 
With a one way point-to-point ticket you go from point Zürich to point Basel stopping as many times as you need, as long as you stick to your chosen route. For your return you will need a second point-to-point ticket from Basel to point Zürich.

It's easier if you just purchase a two ways point-to-point ticket from Zürich HB to Basel SBB right at the beginning, so you can choose your there-and-back journey freely during the day.

Day tickets and Saver Day Tickets "over all" passes. They are valid for the use of public transport anywhere in the country during a whole day, regardless of the fare network you pass through or travel in to.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Rail Service on +41 848 44 66 88 (0.08/min.) or +41 51 225 78 00.