Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Using Swiss Pass to book the tickets

harnit2010
New Author

Hi, 

We will be visiting Switzerland in August (myself, my wife and our 5 year old son). As per what I read on the forums, swisspass is the best option to travel around. 

Few questions:

1. How do I buy this swisspass? We need for 8 days.

2. How do I use this swisspass to reserve the train tickets? 

3. Can I book all transits in switzerland using SBB App? 

4. Do I need to buy a swisspass for my 5 year old son? He will turn 6 in November. 

Thanks, 

Harnit

1 REPLY
EleonoraS

Hello @harnit2010 

Thank you for your post. 

The best option for you is the Swiss Travel Pass: it is a digital ticket that you can purchase online valid almost everywhere in Switzerland. Here are teh details: Swiss Travel Pass – the All-in-one-Ticket for Switzerland | SBB

With this option you have many advantages, among other that your kind can travel for free with you. 

You can download the Swiss Travel Guide App | SBB  to be sure not to miss any highlights and the SBB Mobile App to be always informed about timetables. 

If you decide not to buy the Swiss Travel Pass, you need to buy regular tickets fo each transfer (except for your child, since he is 5 year old still): the tickets can be purchased via the SBB App. 

If you have any more question, please call our SBB Contact Center (0041 848 44 66 88, CHF 0.08/min)

I wish you a nice day

EleonoraS