Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Trial Half Fare Travelcard

trai_t33

Hello all,

I would like to ask the condition of this trail half fare Travelcard or this link https://www.sbb.ch/en/campaign/4-tagespass/gutschein.html. I don't quite understand about the term.

My German friend decided to visit us in Switzerland. We do not purchase any Swiss pass because he has a car and I rent a car as well. However, I just found out this offer. It seems that my friend can use this voucher as a neighbouring country. I read the article and found this quote

"The offer is only valid for new customers who reside in Switzerland or a bordering region of a neighbouring country and only for a maximum of four persons. The Trial Half Fare Travelcard will be loaded onto your SwissPass."

My question are follow;

1. Is my friend valid for this offer ? If yes, can he purchase the train ticket for us ? For example, a cable car to Grindelwald and so on.

2. If the offer is valid to my friend and he can use this offer for ours, do we all need to purchase the Trail Half Fare Travelcard 33 CHF ?

I hope I clarify my situation well.

If you have further question, please do not hesitate to simply reply this post.

Kind regards,

1 REPLY
AferditaH

Hello @trai_t33 

Thank you for your query.

The trial Half-Fare is only available for purchase by persons who are resident in Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Austria or the Principality of Liech-tenstein. Therefore your friend can buy this offer. Where it is valid everywhere, check directly on the area of validity under "Downloads": https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/railpasses/half-fare-travelcard.html.
I don't understand your second question exactly. The trial Half-Fare is individual and can be bought by anyone who needs it.

For more informations please call our Contact Center under +41 (0) 848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min).

I wish you a nice day.

Kind regards, AferditaH