Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our support form for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, etc.).

Traveling to Avignon France from Bern using Swiss Travel Pass

CBA
New Author
0 Likes

All,

My family and I will be traveling from Bern to Avignon France via TVG. I would like to order the tickets online and use our Swiss Travel Passes. 

How can I accomplish this?

Kind regards,

CBA

Re: Traveling to Avignon France from Bern using Swiss Travel Pass

0 Likes

Hi @CBA 

The Swiss Travel Pass is valid up to the Swiss-French border.

Depending on your route, you can buy your ticket from the border stations Basel SBB or Geneva.

Kind Regards
SandraI

CBA
New Author
0 Likes

Sandral,

Thanks for your response. 

Please direct me as to how to I can reserve seats using the Swiss Travel Pass.

Can I use SBB online to but tickets and reserve seats all the way to Avignon from Bern? Or do I need to reserve seats with my Swiss Travel pass to Geneva and then buy separate tickets from a different site to get from Geneva to Avignon?

Kind regards,

CBA

Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @CBA 

If you buy your tickets online, you must choose the GA travelcard as a discount, as it corresponds to the validity of the Swiss Travel Pass.

For example, for the journey from Bern to Avignon via Geneva, you can either buy your ticket from Bern by selecting the GA travelcard in the discount or you can simply buy your ticket from Geneva to Avignon without indicating a discount.

You will find the validity area of the Swiss Travel Pass under: https://www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/travel-in-switzerland/international-guests/swiss-travel-pass....

I wish you a nice day.

Regards
JulieL