Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Trains from London to Geneva - group bookings

Caille

I'm looking to bring 30 people from London to Geneva in July of 2023.  I will need to book tickets from Gare de Lyon to Geneva - but I'm unsure how I will need to do this and if there is a specific way to book group tickets versus individual ones?  Also - I have seen about group luggage transfers - as we will have one suitcase per person with us - but I don't know if that applies when doing a journey outside of Switzerland?  Or how it is done?    My other question is do we need to allow any time for immigration/passport checks at Gare de Lyon?  Obviously we will need those in London before our first part of the journey - but knowing if we need extra time built in here as well would be useful.

1 REPLY
VlaznimA

Hello @Caille 

You can book the group reservation by calling the Contact Center on +41 848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.) or from abroad on +41 51 225 78 00 if you have definitive information about the travel time and the number of travelers. Please note that we need precise information about the journey for the definitive order and that the annual timetable change will take place on December 12th. You can therefore book a trip for July by telephone from February (Booking period of 6 months) up to 10 days before departure at the latest. We do not offer international luggage transport. In this case it is necessary to transport the goods yourself on the train or with a shipping company.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards, VlaznimA.