Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

TGV Service Basel SBB to Züich 20-June

amclotfelter
Traveller

Is TGV Lyria service between Basel SBB and Zürich operating on 20-June, 2022?  I had previously booked Paris Gare de Lyon to only Basel SBB because the TGV Lyria segment between Basel SBB and Zürich was suspended due to construction.  I figured to transfer to the IR 36, IR 37, or IC 3 once in Basel SBB to finish the trip to Zürich.  However, the TGV lyria segment that would have been the continuing segment is now showing as an option in the timetable.  Has the onward TGV between service been restored for 20-June?  And, is it the same train, or a replacement service meeting the inbound TGV Lyria train in Basel SBB?  I've pasted the screen capture of the timetable below.  Thanks!

TGV Basel Zurich Segment Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES
FatimaH

Hello @amclotfelter 

Thank you for your query.

The TGV shown in the timetable is a replacement train from Basel SBB to Zurich HB. Travelers from Paris to Zurich HB are advised to change to IR 36 in Basel SBB (departure 10:37am). The construction work will last from 26.05. - 24.07.2022.

I wish you a nice day.

Kind regards,
FatimaH

Thank you, @FatimaH !

Do you know, will the 10:30 TGV Basel SBB to Zürich wait for the Paris-Gare-de-Lyon to Basel SBB train to meet it, even if delayed?

If so, would you advise purchasing a ticket through SBB or through SNCF ?

Or, alternatively, would an valid SBB saver day pass be valid for said train?

Thank you.