Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).
Highlighted

Swisspass & Tickets

New Author
0 Likes
Dear Community.

I have a Swisspass / annual pass in Vaud and I occationally buy tickets in the SBB app to travel around. My Swisspass account is linked to SBB account (I can login to SBB using Swisspass login) and Swisspass card is registered in Swisspass website

My question is: since my annual pass and tickets I buy are registered against my profile - is conductor able to see them when scanning swisspass? - Reasons for question:
1) I prefer not to carry an extra card
2) If my phone battery depletes and my train ticket is on the phone - I don't know if I should buy a new physical ticket in the ticket machine before travelling

Thank you for your feedback

Stan

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

0 Likes
Hi Stan As StationMaster explained very well, currently the GA and Half Fare travelcard has been included on the SwissPass. In future, we will renew the services on an ongoing basis and are integrating other travelcards in stages. In a first step, we are planning to integrate the Mobilis, Unireso and Modul travelcard on the SwissPass. This will soon happen (at least the end of this year). Kind regards SandraI

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Pendler/in
0 Likes

Hi @Swisspass

Just to be sure: as a Swisspass-Holder, you either have a GA Travel-Card or a Half-Fare Travel-Card. http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/railpasses/swisspass.html What do you mean with "to travel around in Vaud"? Are you holder of a Mobilis Travel-Card? http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/fare-networks/vaud-mobilis-fare-network.html

With a Swisspass, the Conductor on the train can only check if your Swisspass is valid or not. There is no link to any other ticket.

If your mobile phone is low on battery, you better buy a ticket from the ticket machine. Or use a power socket on the train, see here for details: https://sbbcffffs-community.sbb.ch/t5/On-the-go-with-SBB/Inquiry-about-the-power-sockets/m-p/1613#M1...

Regards

StationMaster

Geholfen? Dann markiere den entsprechenden Beitrag als „Lösung“ // Nützlich? Danke für ein Like!
Highlighted

New Author
0 Likes
Hello StationMaster!

Thanks for your feedback

To give more details:

"Travelling around Vaud" does, in fact, mean I have an annual Mobilis card for 2 zones

Not sure if you have a direct contact with Swisspass developers, but I believe it would be very advantageous to use Swisspass card to provide conductor the visibility of all tickets active on the account. All information is already available in the system and it will allow people to buy tickets online against the account and just carry and show Swisspass card when requested (conductor scans it anyway to see if half-fare is active)

Thank you for consideration

Stan
Highlighted

Pendler/in
0 Likes
Hi Stan Oh, oh. Now I understand. No, I do not have access to the developers. In the future, the SwissPass should be the key to public transport all over Switzerland. So propably, your wish will come true in a couple of years. Regards
StationMaster

Geholfen? Dann markiere den entsprechenden Beitrag als „Lösung“ // Nützlich? Danke für ein Like!
Highlighted

0 Likes
Hi Stan As StationMaster explained very well, currently the GA and Half Fare travelcard has been included on the SwissPass. In future, we will renew the services on an ongoing basis and are integrating other travelcards in stages. In a first step, we are planning to integrate the Mobilis, Unireso and Modul travelcard on the SwissPass. This will soon happen (at least the end of this year). Kind regards SandraI

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New Author
0 Likes
Thank you for this confirmation and for making our experience better.

Looking forward to see new services embedded in the Swisspass scope.

Highlighted

New Author
0 Likes
Hi. Your response referred to the SwissPass integration by the end of 2016. In October 2017 I am still being asked by train inspectors to present my physical card. This information was available when my tickets were scanned up until the recent integration with Mobile Preview. Now the link appears to be lost even though I see my card information in my profile. Could you advise why this is happening and how to stop this from occurring?
Highlighted

Visitor
0 Likes

hi sbb

i will arrive tommorw i have swiss pass for 3 days (from 06-09 till 08-09) please i need to know how can used & i dont recive any referance number to get tickats thnx 

Highlighted

0 Likes

Hi @RimOn

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean.

We will be happy to help you at the railway counter or by telephone 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min).

Kind regards
SandraI