Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Swiss pass and passport issue

Yoojieun
Traveller
Hello
I go to Switzerland next week.
But, Passport and Swiss pass names are different.
Passport 'Yoo', Swiss pass 'Yu'.
When I asked, I received a reply saying that I had no problem with my birthday.
However, there is no birthday in Swiss pass.
How would you check it out?πŸ˜₯
I wonder if I need to buy it again.
Want to be solved again because it is burdensome again😰
I want a quick answer.
7 REPLIES
MarinaZ
Pendler/in

Hello @Yoojieun

The first name, surname, passport number and country are noted on the Swiss Travel Pass.

If everything is correct except the name (Yu instead of Yoo), you can travel without any problems with this Swiss Travel Pass.

Kind regards,

Marina

Hi
Thank you for your prompt reply.
The first name, country, and passport number are identical, but surname is different.
The Swiss pass is said to be a 'Yu'. However, the passport is said to be a 'Yoo'.
Because it is a promotion ticket, it is said that there is no refund.
How should I solve it?
It's my mistake, but it's too expensive to buy the eight days ' ticket again😰

Hello @Yoojieun

As I said, if name, passportnumber and country is identical, you don't have to change the pass.

Kind regards,

MarinaZ

hi
So you mean the surname spellings are different, but the rest is okay?
(same first name, passport number, nation)

Hello,

My friend did spelling mistake for my name "Nan" instead of "Nang" in given name when making booking for Swiss Travel Pass from Klook.com. But the rest of the name spellings and date of birth are correct. Strange that we are not required to provide passport number when we made booking. Can I still use this pass with different name spelling from my passport, just one letter? Please advise. Thank you. 

Hello @Ahom 

As long as it is only a typing error you can still travel with the according ticket, since you also have to show proof of identity at ticket inspection.

I wish you a nice day.

GiorgiaB

Thank you so much for your reply. Glad that I don't need to worry about that anymore.