Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our support form for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, etc.).

Swiss Half-Fare Card limitations

New Author
0 Likes

I've bought a Swiss Half-Fare Card. But whenever I'm buying a single-journey ticket, a Saver Day Pass or Day Pass for 2 on the SBB website, only Half-Fare travelcard is listed as a discount option. Apparently in the case of single-journey ticket, Swiss Half-Fare Card is available. But as to Saver Day Pass or Day Pass for 2, or trains from, say, Interlaken to Salzburg, it's really hard to tell whether a Swiss Half-Fare Card is still available. So, on SBB website, where are both cards acceptable, and where is only Half-Fare travelcard acceptable? Can anyone help me? Many thanks!

Highlighted

Re: Swiss Half-Fare Card limitations

0 Likes

Hi @Scott_Guan 

Those are the offers that you can purchase with a Swiss Half-Fare Card for 1 month:

The day pass for 2 is not available for holders of a Swiss-Half-Fare Card for 1 month. Also, for international journeys you don't get the same reduction as a holder of a Half-Fare travelcard. Please book international tickets at the SBB counter or by telephone at +41 848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min).

Kind regards
SandraI

New Author
0 Likes

Thank you very much Sandral, for your clear explanation. I want to ask more about international tickets. It's true that I can't book international tickets, from Wilderswil to Salzburg in my case, on SBB website directly, since only 1/2/3 year half-fare card is accepted. But I wonder if I can buy a half-fare ticket from Wilderswil to Buchs SG (which is on the border between Switzerland and Austria), and a full-priced ticket from Buchs SG to Salzburg?

New Author
0 Likes
@SandraI Thank you very much Sandral, for your clear explanation. I want to ask more about international tickets. It's true that I can't book international tickets, from Wilderswil to Salzburg in my case, on SBB website directly, since only 1/2/3 year half-fare card is accepted. But I wonder if I can buy a half-fare ticket from Wilderswil to Buchs SG (which is on the border between Switzerland and Austria), and a full-priced ticket from Buchs SG to Salzburg?

0 Likes

Hi @Scott_Guan 

That's correct. I recommend you to buy a ticket to Buchs SG with half price and a ticket from Buchs SG to Salzburg at full price.

I wish you a nice day.

Regards
NicolasK