Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our support form for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, etc.).

Saver Day Pass Validity: Only related to routes or Differs from specific trains?

New Author
0 Likes

Hello,

I was planning a trip in Switzerland these days. When looking for a proper travelcard, I noticed the map "Area of validity GA travelcard and Half-Fare Card" provided along in this website.

Take Saver Day Pass for example, I understand that dashed line means full price applies, while the solid line means free travel. However, for each route there are many differently labeled trains, like "EC", "RE", and some of them was marked as signs like "Reservation compulsory". I was wondering is Saver Day Pass always valid for each of these train shifts, as long as the route is drawn in red solid line? Or it may be not for some specific trains.

Any explanation would be appreciated,

Cyphexl

Highlighted

Re: Saver Day Pass Validity: Only related to routes or Differs from specific trains?

0 Likes

Hello @Cyphexl 

Thank you for your request. 

On the routes with a solid line the Saver Day Pass ist valid. On some special trains for example Panoramic trains te seat reservation is obligatory. You can find on our online timerable, if you have to make a reservation on the train or not. 

I wish you a nice day. 

Kind regards,

MarinaZ