Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Saver Day PASS.

cesar76
Traveller
0 Likes
Good evening, I am a Spanish visitor and I want to buy a Saver Day PASS.

That ticket allows me to travel from Zurich to Berne and Lucerne for free?

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions

cesar76
Traveller
0 Likes
Sorry, I do not understand you, if I buy a SDP without a 1/2 fare card discount, can I just take a trip? On the website it indicates that you can travel for 24 hours throughout Switzerland without any train or travel limit.

Thank you

View solution in original post

All Replies

nrr1
Traveller (bronze)
0 Likes
On sbb.ch/en (I assume you speak English) you can navigate to TRAVEL CARDS and then to Saver Day Pass, you will have a TWO month period in which to purchase a SDP, they are cheaper with a 1/2 fare card, but for only ONE trip the extra cost of the 1/2 fare card isn't worth it.

cesar76
Traveller
0 Likes
Sorry, I do not understand you, if I buy a SDP without a 1/2 fare card discount, can I just take a trip? On the website it indicates that you can travel for 24 hours throughout Switzerland without any train or travel limit.

Thank you

View solution in original post

cesar76
Traveller
0 Likes
Sorry, I did not understand you, if I buy the SDP without a 1/2 fare card discount, do I have to pay an additional cost if I travel from Zurich to Berne and from Bern to Lucerne on the same day?

nrr1
Traveller (bronze)
0 Likes

On www.sbb.ch/en they have prices for SAVER DAY PASSES, for approx, two months, the further out the cheaper the SDP. I was just checking for 19 August (for example), with 1/2 fare card 1st and 2nd class are 49 SFR for each, WITHOUT a 1/2 fare card 1st is 86SFr and 2nd class is 70SFr, but for other days the pricing is different; you must choose a day and when you make your purchase you will only be permitted to travel on that  day between 00:01 until 05:00 the next day over the entire Swiss GA network [this includes the cities you listed], but would include even Rigi Bahn, Rocher de Naye (both "mountain railroads"], but NOT Jungfrau.

cesar76
Traveller
0 Likes

perfect, thank you very much, just one question ... can I buy the SDP without having any card from the Swiss network GA?

nrr1
Traveller (bronze)
0 Likes
Yes. You will pay more without a 1/2 half fare card, but for only one SDP it is cheaper.
[In another thread some people making on-line purchases have had issues using some credit cards.]

DinaAnna
0 Likes

Some users claim that another ticket has to be purchased along with the Saver Travel Pass. Can you please clarify if I can have unlimited travel between Zurich, Lucerne, Lausanne, Basel Gruyere with Saver Day pass. I am planning to buy 2-3 Saver day passes for November and want to make sure I do not need any additional Half-Fare Card. 

Do I need to reserve a seat or just go to train station. The conditions don't really specify if I have to buy additional ticket. So right now if I buy Saver Day Pass for November without Half Fare Card it's 52CHF, it willl cover all my travel within GA area, is that correct?

thank you in advance.