Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

SBB-Tageskarten der Gemeinde travel with 7 years old kid

Pqhieu88
New Author

Hello,

We plan to use SBB day tickets to travel with my son. My son is 7 years old, he doesn't have a Swiss pass. My question is that when he travels with us do we have to buy a ticket for him? Thank you very much for your response.

5 REPLIES
Pqhieu88
New Author

Since we are tourists, can I buy a Junior Travelcard for my kid?

Hello @Pqhieu88 

Yes, you can purchase a Junior Travelcard for your child, even as a tourist! 😉

Have an awesome Sunday.

Regards RahelW

Pqhieu88
New Author

Hello,

Since we dont have Swiss residents (just tourists), can we buy a Junior travel card for my kid?

Hi @Pqhieu88 

Thank you for your request.

Yes, you can also buy the Junior Card at an SBB counter. Tipp: If you have a Swiss Travel System ticket, you can have the Swiss Family Card for free.

More information her.

I wish you a good afternoon. 

Best regards
NicolasK

RahelW

Hello @Pqhieu88 

The cheepest option for your 7 years old son would be the Junior travelcard. As long as he is travelling with his parents, you do not need to purchase an additional ticket. This travelcard is valid one year and costs CHF 30.-

I wish you an excellent day.

RahelW