Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Reserving Bernina Express

tartar
New Author

Hi,

I would like to reserve the Bernina Express from overseas. I have already purchased my Swiss rail pass.

I called the reservation number '+41 848 44 66 88, and got to a person after some waiting on the line, but the person did not speak English and hung up.  

Please advise how I can make the reservation by phone to get to an English speaking person or get transferred to an English speaking person.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
GiorgiaB
Pendler/in

Hello @tartar 

Thank you for your question.

Normally there is always someone who can speak english. You can retry to call the above mentioned number or this one: 0041512257800.

I wish you a nice day.

Kind regards, GiorgiaB

tartar
New Author

As a further update, the Bernina Express train + bus can be booked online at https://shop.rhb.ch/en/bernina-express.  The train and bus have to booked as two separate journeys, but it seems possible to book online with a credit card without having to call in at all.

tartar
New Author

Update: I managed to call in again and get an English-speaking person on the suggested hotline +41 848 44 66 88.  She helped me reserve the Bernina Express train from Chur to Tirano, but said that she only reserve trains and cannot reserve the bus journey from Tirano to Lugano.  Is there a different number i should be calling for the Bernina Express bus?