Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Reservation Luzern to Interlaken

SOLVED
apheron
New Author

We are a family of five traveling from Luzern to Interlaken on 7 June 2022. I see that I am able to purchase a ticket but when I go to the reservation page, it shows that reservations are not available for any train the entire month of June or July. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EleonoraS

Hi @apheron 

Thank you for oyur quesiton. 

You can reserve your seats on Swiss trains at SBB.ch, SBB Mobile, via SBB Contact Center 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.) or direct at the ticket counter. It costs CHF 5 per seat to make a reservation.

Not all trains require a seat reservation, and on some, you cannot do it. 

When choosing a connection, check if there is a "R" symbol: it means the seat reservation is possible. If there is not, it is not possible: 

EleonoraS_0-1652186952117.png

As you can see here: for the Luzern-Meiringen section it is possible to reserve seats, for the Meiringen-Interlaken section it is not. 

I wish you a pleasant day.

EleonoraS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES
EleonoraS

Hi @apheron 

Thank you for oyur quesiton. 

You can reserve your seats on Swiss trains at SBB.ch, SBB Mobile, via SBB Contact Center 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.) or direct at the ticket counter. It costs CHF 5 per seat to make a reservation.

Not all trains require a seat reservation, and on some, you cannot do it. 

When choosing a connection, check if there is a "R" symbol: it means the seat reservation is possible. If there is not, it is not possible: 

EleonoraS_0-1652186952117.png

As you can see here: for the Luzern-Meiringen section it is possible to reserve seats, for the Meiringen-Interlaken section it is not. 

I wish you a pleasant day.

EleonoraS

Thank you - I was hoping to book the IR 2920 which leaves Luzern at 10:06 which has a R symbol but says "seat reservation not possible" on the sbb.ch website. Does that mean that all seats are reserved?