Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Refund for flight change

matthewgordon12
New Author

Hi- I have recently purchased a train ticket to Basel Airport to get a flight to Manchester. Unfortunately the airport has sent me through an email telling me the flight time is 3 hours earlier. As I picked supersaver ticket, I cannot travel at this time. Is it possible to be refunded credit for this trip (costing 26francs).

thanks, Matthew Gordon 

4 REPLIES
DONNERS21
New Author

Hi Eleonora. My family’s flight to Zurich has been changed by EasyJet from the morning of 24 June to the afternoon. We had a connecting train and super saver booked. I want to do the same journey just a few hours later. Your answer above says I can with a 10CHF fee, how do I do it? My original ticket was booked without being logged in so isn’t shown in my account. Thank you. 

Hello @DONNERS21 

Thank you for your message.

You can ask for a refund on the following page: Ticket refunds | SBB help & contact. And here you find the conditions of the supersaver tickets: Help with supersaver tickets | SBB help & contact

Kind regards

GiorgiaB

Hi @DONNERS21 

Thank you for your request. 

Here you will find the refund form: Refund of tickets purchased online and via mobile | SBB help & contact To do this, please first solve the new ticket with the correct time. Alternatively, you can contact our SBB contact center to make the refund: 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/Min.)

I wish you a nice day. 

LauraV

EleonoraS

Hi @matthewgordon12 

Thank you for your question. 

Saver and supersaver tickets are non refundable.

If you purchase another ticket though (note: for the same traveller, same day, same journey!) and only change the time, we can make an exception a refund the first saver ticket with CHF 10.00 fees. 

Please note, if you wish to do so, the refund request must be sent before the ticket's validity.

I wish you a nice day.

EleonoraS