Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).
Highlighted

Purchasing a half fare travelcard from abroad

New Author
0 Likes

Im flying to Zurich next week and I was thinking of buing  a half fare travelcard as Iam going to travel mainly by train.But since Im a tourist and I don't have a public transport card, I can't complete the purchase online as it requires to complete and send a form.

Can I only purchase it when I arrive at the airport in Zurich?Can I still buy tickets online offering discount with the half fare travelcard even if I don't have it right now but I will when I get there?Finally, do I need to bring a photo with me when I buy it?

Thanks in advance for you replies.

Angeliki

0 Likes

Hi @angiep 

Which offer do you want to purchase?

Half-Fare travelcard

This season ticket is valid for 1 year and all routes on this map

If you don't have a customer number, please buy the travelcard at the railway counter.

Swiss Half Fare Card

This is an offer of the Swiss Travel System. The ticket is valid for 1 month on all routes on this map.

You can purchase the Swiss Half Fare Card online.

I hope that this information is useful for you and wish you a pleasant journey.

Kind regards
SandraI

Highlighted

New Author
0 Likes

Thank you for your reply.I hadn't realised there were 2 options.So I guess as Iam a tourist I need to buy the half fare card which I can purchase online. and then I can buy all my other tickets online right?

If I buy a regular ticket, not a super-saver, for a particular time but then miss this train, can I take the next one right?Just want to be sure before purchasing online tickets.

Thanks again.

Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @angiep 

That's right.

I wish you nice trips within Switzerland.

Kind regards,
FatimaH