Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Point-to-point single journey ticket

SOLVED
sanya14
New Author

Hello,

I intend to travel from Zurich to Lucerne on the 2nd of October and return to Zurich on the 3rd of October (later than 5 am). I assume I need to buy two separate point to point single journey tickets? However I'm a little confused. Since I would not be booking a return journey but only a single journey from Zurich to Lucerne on the 2nd of October, is the ticket valid only for a specific time or can I take the train at any time of the day? I hope to get onto the train which leaves at 13:38 but I'm skeptical about booking this journey in advance in case there are delays on my earlier train that should arrive Zurich at 13:20.

Thank you,

Best regards,

SB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ZoeS

Hello @sanya14 

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you buy a point-to-point ticket, you are not train bound. There you have the possibility to start this journey from 00:00 o'clock until 05:00 o'clock the following day. For the return trip on the next day you can buy such a ticket again.

We still offer supersaver tickets. These are slightly cheaper, but train-bound. If you buy a saver ticket, you have to take the train you bought (refund and exchange only possible in exceptional cases for a fee).

You can find information about a point-to-point ticket here: sbb.ch/travelcards-and-tickets and information about the supersaver ticket here: sbb.ch/travelcards-and-tickets

If you have any questions, we are here for you. Have a good start of the week.
Greetings ZoeS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES
sanya14
New Author

Hello ZoeS,

Thank you so much for your response. This is clear to me now 🙂

Have a great week!.

Best regards,

SB

ZoeS

Hello @sanya14 

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you buy a point-to-point ticket, you are not train bound. There you have the possibility to start this journey from 00:00 o'clock until 05:00 o'clock the following day. For the return trip on the next day you can buy such a ticket again.

We still offer supersaver tickets. These are slightly cheaper, but train-bound. If you buy a saver ticket, you have to take the train you bought (refund and exchange only possible in exceptional cases for a fee).

You can find information about a point-to-point ticket here: sbb.ch/travelcards-and-tickets and information about the supersaver ticket here: sbb.ch/travelcards-and-tickets

If you have any questions, we are here for you. Have a good start of the week.
Greetings ZoeS