Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Planning the glacier-bernina-gotthard-panorama trip

Paul3
New Author

Hello -

I am from the UK and very interested in this trip:

www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/ideas/offer.html/zuege/glacier-bernina-gotthard-panorama-express

As it is a treat for my 70th birthday I would like the very best option travelling in first class with reserved seats affording best views. Please can you help me with some questions:

In order to buy first class do I need a half fare travel card? If so how much does this cost and do I have to purchase one before booking the trip?

Can I travel on any trains or am I restricted to certain times?

Does the price include first class travel from any airport (e.g Zurich or Geneva)?

Do I need to make separate seat reservations?

Thank you

Paul

ps - I cannot seem to finf any way to actually speak to a representative about this - the number shown - 0848 777 077 is unavailable in UK

4 REPLIES
MarinaZ
Pendler/in

Hello @Paul3

You don't have to buy a half-fare travel card when you want to travel in first class. But when you have the card the journey would be cheaper. The card cost CHF 120.00 an you can book it under this Link: https://www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/travel-in-switzerland/international-guests/swiss-halffare-car...

When you buy the special offer over the Link then all trains are reserved for you and you have to travel on these trains. 

The travel from Geneva to Zermatt is not included in the offer. 

When you buy this offer you don't have to reserve other trains. 

To call us please try the number: +41 848 777 077

Have a good day

Greetings MarinaZ

Thank you for your help MarinaZ. Paul

Paul3
New Author
@Paul3