Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our support form for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, etc.).

Obtaining Swiss Travel Pass Card in Switzerland

New Author
0 Likes

We purchased an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass on or about 17 March on the SBB website for travel in May.  We are in the U.S.  The confirmation email said we would receive a rail pass in credit card format in the mail within 10 days.  We have yet to receive a rail pass in credit card format in the mail.  If we do not receive a rail pass card in the mail prior to our departure for Switzerland will we be able to obtain one upon our arrival in Switzerland?  We will be travelling by rail quite a bit and I think it would be more convenient to have a rail pass card than to use a printed paper ticket over the 8 day duration or our rail travel.  Thanks. 

Re: Obtaining Swiss Travel Pass Card in Switzerland

0 Likes

I am in the same situation. Did you ever get an answer? Were you able to obtain you travel pass card when you arrived in Switzerland? Thank you.

0 Likes

Hello @Tanner

The SwissTravel Pass can be printed out or can be opened and displayed in the SBB Mobile App. In this case, nothing will be sent by post.

The SwissTravel Pass Flex will be sent by post (DHL).

For more information please contact our online/mobile support per e-mail: ticketshop@sbb.ch

Kind regards
ManuelaPf

New Author
0 Likes

Tanner- No, it was not possible for us to obtain a Swiss Travel Pass travelcard being in the U.S. prior to our trip to Switzerland.  Things might be different now but thats the way it was last year when we travelled. If I remember correctly we downloaded our Swiss Travel Pass ticket once we made the purchase after creating an account on the SBB site.   We printed the document before we left on our trip and presented it when we were asked for tickets on the train.  I cant positively recall because it has been over a year ago when we travelled on the Swiss Pass but I think it may be possible if you have the SBB mobile app to present your pass from within the app which would provide more convenience than having to keep up with the printed document.  I found the SBB app to be extremely helpful for timetable information since we were using the trains as needed depending on where and when we decided upon a particular destination.  Good luck with your travels.