Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).
Highlighted

Not able to buy Swiss Half Fare card on sbb.ch

0 Likes

Good Morning.

I am trying to buy Swiss Half Fare Card on SBB.ch website but I am getting error "An error occurred while processing your query." everytime. Please find details as below :

Card Type : Swiss Half Fare Card for International Guests

Country of Origin : India

No. of cards ordering : 02

Validity Required : Immediately

Date of travel : 23-Sep-19 to 28-Sep-19

Total Amount : CHF 240

Mode of Payment : Prepaid Debit Card with CHF currency loaded.

Error : An error occurred while processing your query.

Please let me know if you need further details you need to help me solve my query.

I want to buy Half Fare Card as quickly as possible so as to buy train tickets in advance to take advantage of reduced fares.

Also, please let me know if I cannot buy Half Fare Card online using the prepaid debit card, can I still purchase train tickets in advance for my desired dates and later buy the half fare card as soon as I arrive Switzerland.

I will be awaiting for your kind advice on my query.

Thank You,

Rohit Kumar Singh

Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @rohitksingh 

Thank you for your query.

On our website is not possible to pay with a prepaid card. You can pay with credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express,..). Also to buy normal ticket you need a credit card, in order to do a purchase online. I recommend you to retry to buy the desired tickets/cards with a credit card.

Best regards.

GiorgiaB