Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our support form for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, etc.).
Highlighted

Not able to buy Swiss Half Fare card on sbb.ch

0 Likes

Good Morning.

I am trying to buy Swiss Half Fare Card on SBB.ch website but I am getting error "An error occurred while processing your query." everytime. Please find details as below :

Card Type : Swiss Half Fare Card for International Guests

Country of Origin : India

No. of cards ordering : 02

Validity Required : Immediately

Date of travel : 23-Sep-19 to 28-Sep-19

Total Amount : CHF 240

Mode of Payment : Prepaid Debit Card with CHF currency loaded.

Error : An error occurred while processing your query.

Please let me know if you need further details you need to help me solve my query.

I want to buy Half Fare Card as quickly as possible so as to buy train tickets in advance to take advantage of reduced fares.

Also, please let me know if I cannot buy Half Fare Card online using the prepaid debit card, can I still purchase train tickets in advance for my desired dates and later buy the half fare card as soon as I arrive Switzerland.

I will be awaiting for your kind advice on my query.

Thank You,

Rohit Kumar Singh

Re: Not able to buy Swiss Half Fare card on sbb.ch

0 Likes

Hello @rohitksingh 

Thank you for your query.

On our website is not possible to pay with a prepaid card. You can pay with credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express,..). Also to buy normal ticket you need a credit card, in order to do a purchase online. I recommend you to retry to buy the desired tickets/cards with a credit card.

Best regards.

GiorgiaB