Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

New Swisspass - issue checking identity, no Text message

cseym3
New Author

I'm applying for a new swiss pass online, unable to receive the sms text message for identity check.

My mobile number is for the USA.  How do you solve this issue?

5 REPLIES
rancehood

Same issue here, I have an account but cant get the text message to my cell phone. 

traveler123123

I am also not receiving any text messages on either of my two U.S. mobile numbers.  How to fix?

NicolasK

Hi @cseym3 

Thank you for your request.

I don't know why you don't receive SMS. General information are below:

To carry out the ID Check, you need a valid passport or identity card and a smartphone. 

• To be able to carry out the ID Check, first log on to sbb.ch/en with your SwissPass login.
  • Then select the travelcard you want on sbb.ch/en.
  • You can select your name under «2. Travelcard dates».
  • On the «Apply for a new SwissPass directly online» link, select «Go to SwissPass identification check».
  • Follow the process on the website (enter mobile phone number and confirm by SMS code).
  • Once you have entered the SMS code on the website, you will receive an SMS with the link for the identity check.
  • Now follow the instructions on your smartphone.

After completing the identity check, you can complete the purchase on sbb.ch/en.

We also need a passport photo for the production of the SwissPass card. You can upload the photo during the purchase process. You can find the specifications for your SwissPass photo at swisspass.ch/picture.

For more information, please contact the Contact Center at +41 848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.),+41 51 225 78 00. If you are in Switzerland, you can also go to the station counter

I wish you a nice day.

Best Regards
NicolasK 

Can someone please direct me to a website which will give me complete and accurate instructions on how to complete the identity check? I have been trying for over 2 hours now with no forward motion. I used the 'SwissID' app and got to the point of entering my passport and the system wanted me to have a Swii Passport! I am not Swiss. I am from the United States. We are only trying to buy a Swiss half-fare card which is good for one month. So far no luck and a bit frustrated. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Similar issue here.  US passport but I go through all the checks fine. Then I get a message that says "we are checking your identity documents. You can return to swisspass.ch" then nothing happens.  I wonder if similar US passport issue.  I would at least like a message as to if the checks failed and why.