Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Need scenic route from Arth-Goldau to Zurich

CeliaMiller
New Author
0 Likes

In the morning I will be traveling from Zurich to Arth-Goldau via Zug for the quicker more direct route.

In the evening, traveling back, I would like to take a more scenic route back from Arth-Goldau to Zurich.  

I'm confused on what I need to be searching for.  I've heard to take  it via Rapperswil (Lake Zurich NE Shore) or via Pfafflkon SZ (SW shore), then Voralpen Express and something about Biberbrugg.  I have no idea how to type in Voralpen Express in the website to have it pull it up.

Can someone please help me figure this out.  I travel in just a few weeks and am confused on a beautiful scenic way back.

Thanks so much.

MarinaZ
Pendler/in
0 Likes

Hello @CeliaMiller

Thank you for your request.

You have the following 2 possibilities:

1. You can travel from Arth-Goldau to Pfäffikon SZ via Biberbrugg with the Voralpenexpress and then from Pfäffikon SZ to Zürich with the S2 on the left side of the Zurich lake. For this route you can enter the following in the timetable: from Arth-Goldau to Zürich HB via Biberbrugg.

2. You can also travel from Arth-Goldau Rapperswil als via Biberbrugg with the Voralpenexpress and then from Rapperswil to Zürich with the S7 on the right side of the Zurich lake. For this route you can enter the following in the timetable: from Arth-Golfau to Zürich HB via Rapperswil.

Probably the second option is better for you. Cause then you don't drive on the same side of the lake as in the morning.

I wish you a nice day.

Kind regards,

Marina