Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

My ticket does not show my excact departure-arrival times

SOLVED
mattena
New Author

Hello, I purchased 2 train tickets for 2 different days, evening of 17 Oct (17.10) and morning of 21 Oct (21.10). The ticket for 21.10 shows the departure and arrival times as chosen. But the 17.10 does not show my chosen departure/arrival times. Instead, it shows departure-arrival period from 00:00 on 17.10 to 05:00 on 18.10.

Does that mean I can use the ticket any time in this interval?

Is the ticket invalid if I do not have my exact departure-arrival times?

Hope for clarification, so I can fix in time before my trip whatever is not right with the 17.10 ticket.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RolandP
Traveller (platinum)

Hi @mattena 

It would be helpful to know a little bit more about your ticket. What is the route, please?

I assume the 21.10. is a Super Saver Ticket while the 17.10. is a regular ticket. 

A Supersaver ticket is valid for a given connection, you are tied to the trains/buses mentioned in the itinerary provided with your ticket. It is only valid for the services mentioned in your itinerary. Only in the event where a service has got a delay, and you therefore missed the connecting service, you are allowed to take the next possible service.

In the contrary, regular tickets are valid 1 day, from 00:00 until the next day at 05:00. You are free to travel the route 1 time, yet no backtracking allowed. You can take any train serving your route, and you can hop off/on as many times you want along the route. 

Best,

Roland

War mein Beitrag hilfreich? Dann freue ich mich über einen Like oder die Markierung als Lösung :: Was my reply helpful? Thank you for giving it a like or mark it as solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES
LauraV

Hello @mattena 

Thank you for your request.

It is best to contact our SBB Contact Center  by phone on 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.).From abroad: +41 848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min). So that our staff can take a look at the ticket and give you a correct answer.

I wish you a sunny day. 

LauraV

RolandP
Traveller (platinum)

Hi @mattena 

It would be helpful to know a little bit more about your ticket. What is the route, please?

I assume the 21.10. is a Super Saver Ticket while the 17.10. is a regular ticket. 

A Supersaver ticket is valid for a given connection, you are tied to the trains/buses mentioned in the itinerary provided with your ticket. It is only valid for the services mentioned in your itinerary. Only in the event where a service has got a delay, and you therefore missed the connecting service, you are allowed to take the next possible service.

In the contrary, regular tickets are valid 1 day, from 00:00 until the next day at 05:00. You are free to travel the route 1 time, yet no backtracking allowed. You can take any train serving your route, and you can hop off/on as many times you want along the route. 

Best,

Roland

War mein Beitrag hilfreich? Dann freue ich mich über einen Like oder die Markierung als Lösung :: Was my reply helpful? Thank you for giving it a like or mark it as solution.