Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Multiple stops with point-to-poin ticket

SOLVED
Nikarko01

Hi,

I have a question about point-to-point tickets: suppose I buy an SBB ticket from point A to point B, (valid the whole day, so regular ticket) . The SBB app tells me how to go there: there is a train that brings me to trainstation C where I have to change train, and then the second train stops also in point D. 

My question is: can I stop in point C and D, and take a later train to reach my final destination, i.e. point B? 

Ps: I saw a similar question about some going from Basel to Grindelwald and wanting to stop by Bern for a few hours, but he did not even buying an Basel-Grindelwald ticket so it was not helpful for me. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EllenvS
Pendler/in

Hi  

A one way point-to-point ticket allows you to go from point A to point stopping as many times as you need, as long as you stick to your chosen route. 

EX

Choosing a connection in our timetable from Basel to Grindelwald changing 1x in interlaken Ost:

You start your journey in Basel, then you stop in Bern for a coffee. One hour after you take your next direct connection. Next stop will be in Spiez for a nice walk around the Lake and by the evening you arrive in Grindelwald.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact our Rail Service on +41 848 44 66 88 (0.08/min.) or +41 51 225 78 00. 

Have a nice day. EllenvS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES
EllenvS
Pendler/in

Hi  

A one way point-to-point ticket allows you to go from point A to point stopping as many times as you need, as long as you stick to your chosen route. 

EX

Choosing a connection in our timetable from Basel to Grindelwald changing 1x in interlaken Ost:

You start your journey in Basel, then you stop in Bern for a coffee. One hour after you take your next direct connection. Next stop will be in Spiez for a nice walk around the Lake and by the evening you arrive in Grindelwald.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact our Rail Service on +41 848 44 66 88 (0.08/min.) or +41 51 225 78 00. 

Have a nice day. EllenvS.

Ticinomeitli
Traveller (silver)

Hi@Nikarko01 

With a regular ticket it is possible to make a break at trainstation C and D as long as these stations are on the way form point A to point B. Regular Tickets are not trainbound so you can take every train on the same way form A to B.

Kind regards