Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Is trainline.eu authorized to sell SBB tickets?

trainrider
New Author

As SBB site keeps rejecting my Rewards credit card (VISA) and trainline.eu can process payments via the same card without any issue, I'm inclined to book my tickets from Luzern to Basel early to take full advantage of Supersaver offerings. Thanks!

2 REPLIES
SandraI
Commuter (silver)

Hi @trainrider 

We would be happy if you purchase our tickets from SBB directly Smiley Wink

I recommend you to download our SBB Mobile App and try it once again. It should normally work with foreign credit cards as well.

Kind regards
SandraI

Hi SandraI,

We would be happy if you purchase our tickets from SBB directly Smiley Wink

That's my preference as well. Unfortunately, SBB payment service isn't too gentle with cashback/rewards-type credit cards :(.

- I recommend you to download our SBB Mobile App and try it once again. It should normally work with foreign credit cards as well.

I did that as a workaround that I read from a thread here regarding "Payment authorization rejected". Unfortunately, that didn't work either. Interestingly enough, the same credit card works on SNCF, OBB, CD.CZ without any issue. I always prefer to book directly with the train operator but in this particular instance, it unfortunately has proven quite frustrating to place a booking.