Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Is there a Half Fare travel card for students studying abroad that will last longer than one month?

SOLVED
ag1024
New Author

I will be in Switzerland for four months and would like to purchase the Half Fare Travelcard, but the one available for guests from abroad is only valid for one month, is there a way for me to purchase the year long one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RolandP
Commuter (silver)

Hello @ag1024 

Yes, you are welcome to buy the Half Fare Care destined for residents. Simply see a staffed SBB ticket counter; you must have a Swiss postal address by then to which the SwissPass plastic card will be dispatched.

In the contrary to the tourist half fare card (Swiss Half Fare Card), the resident's Half Fare Card is a subscription and has an auto-renewal mechanism. You can cancel the auto-renewal right after purchase; a canceled HFC remains valid until the last day of validity. 

Let us know should you have further queries.

Best regards,
Roland

War mein Beitrag hilfreich? Dann freue ich mich über einen Like oder die Markierung als Lösung :: Was my reply helpful? Thank you for giving it a like or mark it as solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES
uebe
Traveller (silver)

Hi @ag1024 

As far as I know, this sould be possible but for this special situation, I suggest you to contact the Customer Center at +41 848 44 66 88
(CHF 0.08/min.) (available 24/7, sometimes you may be required to wait). They can give you the correct information and help you with the order from abroad.

Another information source can be your international office from your incoming swiss university.

I wish you stunning (study) days and weeks in Switzerland!

Best regards, uebe

RolandP
Commuter (silver)

Hello @ag1024 

Yes, you are welcome to buy the Half Fare Care destined for residents. Simply see a staffed SBB ticket counter; you must have a Swiss postal address by then to which the SwissPass plastic card will be dispatched.

In the contrary to the tourist half fare card (Swiss Half Fare Card), the resident's Half Fare Card is a subscription and has an auto-renewal mechanism. You can cancel the auto-renewal right after purchase; a canceled HFC remains valid until the last day of validity. 

Let us know should you have further queries.

Best regards,
Roland

War mein Beitrag hilfreich? Dann freue ich mich über einen Like oder die Markierung als Lösung :: Was my reply helpful? Thank you for giving it a like or mark it as solution.