Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).
Highlighted

Is my trip from Interlaken West to Lyon Part Dieu valid??

New Author
0 Likes

This is what my travel itineray looks like.

The last part is what I'm wondering about. When I was reserving the tickets, I saw that the train from Geneva to Lyon was "unavailable for reservation". What does this mean? Is my ticket only valid until Geneva and should I go reserve another train to Lyon on the OUI website?

Thank you in advance for the replies:)캡처.JPG

Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @hearthrob02

As I can see in the picture, you have a ticket from Interlaken West to Lyon. The regional trains Geneva - Lyon (TER) cannot be reserved.

Kind regards
ManuelaPf

Highlighted

New Author
0 Likes
Okay.
So does that mean I have to get off at Geneve and reserve a ticket to Lyon? Or, does it just mean that I have a ticket itself but not a specific seat reserved?
Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @hearthrob02

You have the train ticket to Lyon but no seat reservation from Geneva to Lyon, because it is not possible to book it.

Kind regards
ManuelaPf

Highlighted

New Author
0 Likes
So I technically have a reserved tocket only to Geneva, so I would have to go to the French website to book a TGV train for that???
Highlighted

0 Likes

Hi @hearthrob02

No, you have a ticket to Lyon for a regional train (TER). Seats cannot be reserved on regional trains. A seat reservation is only obligatory and necessary on the TGV.

Kind Regards
NicolasK