Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Coronavirus notice: Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).
Highlighted

International bicycle ticket

New Author
0 Likes

I bought a ticket from Essen to Bern on 01.09 of the train EC 7 and the oder number is 110609227. However, I could not make a reservation for my bike. There is no place to buy an international bicycle ticket on the SBB website (only domestic for Switzerland). How can I do it?

Highlighted

Traveller (platinum)
0 Likes

Hello hot9595163com,

Because of constructions works in Germany, it’s not possible to transport bicycle on this date.

I’m sorry for the inconveniences.

Kinds Regards,

CharlineB

Highlighted

New Author
0 Likes

Dear CharlineB

Could you give me the dates when I could transport my bike?

I do not understand the link between construction in Germany and transport of the bike as long as that the ticket for the train could be booked.

Many Thanks,

hot9595163com

Highlighted

Traveller (platinum)
0 Likes

Hello hot9595163com,

In general, bike reservations for internationals trips have to be done at an SBB train station or at the phone with our RailService: 0900 300 300 (1.19/min). Online it’s unfortunately not possible.

The train trafic is blocked in Germany for constructions work approximately until the 07.10.2019. During this period, buses are traveling between Rastatt and Baden-Baden (on the line Basel- Karlsruhe) and it’s not possible to take bikes. The trip is prolong with 90 minutes more.

Apart from this situation, bikes are not allowed in all ICE-trains in Germany. You have to take regionals trains between Bochum and Duisburg.

I advise you to contact our RailService or to go to a SBB station. We will help you to organize your trip.

Kinds Regards,

CharlineB