Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our support form for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, etc.).

International Reservation Problem

New Author
0 Likes

I am trying to make a reservation for a 2nd Class trip from Zurich to Milan departing 11:09 14.08.2017.

If I go to this page 

I can reach the reservation page (see attached) but when I click next I am taken back to a German version of the Ticket Shop Home Page

I have tried this on a Mac using Safari and an iPad.  On the iPad the ticket shop page displays an error message which translates to:

"Your session was too long inactive. Please login again.

If you were in the buying process, you have to choose your tickets again. Also ensure that session cookies are enabled in your browser."

I have tried this several times with the same result.

Is there a bug in the system?

Also when selecting the appropriate price reduction there is no option to select Swiss Travel Pass.  GA 2cl gives the correct price.  Is it OK to use that option for travel with a Swiss Travel Pass?

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 1.21.09 pm.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-14 at 1.22.38 pm.png

Accepted Solutions

Re: International Reservation Problem

New Author
0 Likes

Hello Kilian,

Thanks for your repsonse.

I just tried the reservation process and it worked.  I have no idea what was wrong originally but the problem persisted for a couple of days before I gave up.

All good now.  

All Replies
Highlighted

0 Likes

Hey @rockoyster

Thanks for your request. That’s strange, I can’t tell you why this happened to you. I just checked it and it should work.

Yes, you can choose “GA 2cl” to book a ticket with the right condition for your Swiss Travel Pass.

You can also book this journey over the phone +41 900 300 300 or directly at the station.

Regards Kilian

New Author
0 Likes

Hello Kilian,

Thanks for your repsonse.

I just tried the reservation process and it worked.  I have no idea what was wrong originally but the problem persisted for a couple of days before I gave up.

All good now.  

0 Likes

I have tried all day to buy a one way ticket from Geneva to Milan on the CFF we site. I keep getting a message that my session timed out when I finished the reservation even though it has been less 2 minutes since I logged in. I have cleared my browsing history and cache. I am using chrome.