Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Interlaken to Zurich Airport via Lucerne (1 day & 1 way)

SOLVED
Liz_B
New Author

Hello,

I’m planning to travel from Interlaken to Zurich Airport with a stopover at Lucerne within a day (one way). [Leave Interlaken early in the morning, spend the day in Lucerne, and travel to Zurich Airport to catch a flight with departure time 20:55.]

Somebody suggested to buy 1 standard ticket for the whole route, since unlimited stopovers within a day are allowed. However, this website states that 1-day tickets are only allowed up to 115 km. Interlaken to Zurich Airport seems to be around 150 km.

Also, I can’t seem to find a ticket stopping over at Lucerne on this site. I only see the routes through Bern.

Can anybody suggest the most affordable 1-day ticket from Interlaken to Zurich Airport that allows a stopover at Lucerne? Is there any available?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ValerieS
Traveller (platinum)

Hello @Liz_B

You can have multiple stopovers on the chosen stretch with a standard ticket.
You are restricted to the timetable chosen if you're purchasing a supersaver ticket.

Therefore you can either choose from a standard ticket for CHF 56.00 in order to have more freedom during the day or purchase two supersaver tickets (if available) , one for the stretch Interlaken - Luzern and the other from Luzern to Zurich Airport.

For more detailed information on journeys within Switzerland you can call our Rail Service under 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/Min.).

Have a nice day.

Greetings, ValerieS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES
Liz_B
New Author
@Liz_B I just discovered the ‘Via’ option, so I figured out how to find the Interlaken-Lucerne-Zurich Airport route, haha!

Also, the information button stated that a single journey is valid for 1 whole day (so no need to worry about the 115 km distance limit, then). That allows stopovers, right?

The ticket cost I’ve seen is CHF 56 (stopovers at Lucerne & Zurich HB) without any discount. Is this the most affordable it can get?

If I avail for the supersaver ticket (which saves me CHF 11), then I would have to stick to the departure times, right?

Also, somebody suggested not to get the ticket in advance and just purchase it at the station. Is this correct? Are the prices within Switzerland standardized or do they get more expensive as the travel date gets closer? Numerous online posts state to always get tickets in advance to get the best prices. Are they only applicable for international train travels, such as between Italy & Switzerland?

Thanks.
ValerieS
Traveller (platinum)

Hello @Liz_B

You can have multiple stopovers on the chosen stretch with a standard ticket.
You are restricted to the timetable chosen if you're purchasing a supersaver ticket.

Therefore you can either choose from a standard ticket for CHF 56.00 in order to have more freedom during the day or purchase two supersaver tickets (if available) , one for the stretch Interlaken - Luzern and the other from Luzern to Zurich Airport.

For more detailed information on journeys within Switzerland you can call our Rail Service under 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/Min.).

Have a nice day.

Greetings, ValerieS

Thank you, Valerie!