Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our support form for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, etc.).

How to use saver day pass and its availability

New Author

Hi, I am planning to visit some cities in Switzerland by using SBB.

I think "Saver Day Pass" allows me to take any trains without any other ticket. Is it correct ?( For example, from Basel to Zurich or Bern by IC)

And I am not a citizen in Switzerland nor other European country.  Can I buy and use "Saver Day Pass" ?

Or this pass has specific restricts?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to use saver day pass and its availability

0 Likes

Hey @16ya

Yes, you can use the Saver Day Pass (without Half-Fare travelcard). The Map of validity you can check out here: https://www.sbb.ch/content/dam/sbb/de/pdf/abos-billette/abonnemente/ga/karte-geltungsbereich-ga-halb... The citizenship doesn't matter.

Regards Kilian

All Replies

0 Likes

Hey @16ya

Yes, you can use the Saver Day Pass (without Half-Fare travelcard). The Map of validity you can check out here: https://www.sbb.ch/content/dam/sbb/de/pdf/abos-billette/abonnemente/ga/karte-geltungsbereich-ga-halb... The citizenship doesn't matter.

Regards Kilian

New Author
0 Likes
Hi,@KilianS, thank you for your message.
I can understand that I can use the pass for almost all of public transportation on the map, except for few dotted lines.

thanks a lot!

New Author
0 Likes
Hello, can i buy this pass without having a GA?

Traveller
0 Likes

Hi Kilian,

Can you purchase a Saver Day Pass even if you don't have the GA Travelcard? I'm confused with this info: "Valid for one person in the GA travelcard area of validity."

Thank you in advance!

Hi @Erial

No, you don't have to be holder of a GA travelcard.

The saver day pass is available for passengers with Half-Fare travelcards or without any reduction. The pass is valid for the same area of validity as for the GA travelcard.

Kind regards
SandraI

Traveller
0 Likes
Thank you for the help!

Amr
Traveller
0 Likes

Hi,

I just bought saver day pass for 2 days , my question is how to use them on these days ?

Do i just need to go to the train station and show it to control ?then ride the availble train ?

on the other hand can i book a seats or trips to gurrentee the seats ?

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi @Amr

Thank you for your request.

You don't need to go at the station before departure. The ticket must be presented on the train during the check. Concerning the reservation of places, it is possible either on the application SBB Mobile or online under https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/seat-reservations.html.

I wish you a beautiful day.

Greetings
NicolasK

Amr
Traveller
Thanks for help .