Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

How to dispute a TWINT overcharge ( 5 times too many) over failed connection?

DV

On the 15.05. 2022 TWINT connection failed while buying a bike pass and a train ticket. payment was charged for 5 tickets  ( 4x 14 CHF + 9.30 CHF) to my bank account.

Bank says SBB is responsible for refund. However the money is still reserved.

On Twint Official site it says that we can ask the seller to refund however I can not find the extra charges in "my transactions".

Is this issue common? Does anyone know how do to obtain the release of those funds and make sure that SBB does not overcharge over a failed connection?

Thank you for your help

1 REPLY
VlaznimA

Hello @DV 

The money is as you say only reserved and accordingly can not be assigned to any booking. You will always receive an email with the confirmation and the ticket after a successful purchase. In this case, the double debits will be automatically reversed by Twint within 14 days.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards, VlaznimA.