Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

How does Swiss Pass validity time counted?

SOLVED
Jiexi

Hi, I bought a 3 days Swiss Pass, does it start counted on 00:00 of the day and end on 23:59 on third day? 

Or it start counting only when I start using it? eg I start using it at 10:00, it will end on 10:00 on third day?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EllenvS
Pendler/in

Hi @Jiexi 

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days in a row : The period of validity for the activated days always begins at 00.00 hrs on the first day of validity and ends at 05.00 hrs on the 3 day.

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days Flex: The period of validity for the chosen, activated day begins at 00.00 hrs and ends at 05.00 hrs on the following day. 

Already activated travel days can be deactivated/changed as often as desired until the start of the validity period at 23:59.

An activated day pass can no longer be deactivated/changed on the day of travel.

More info here: My switzerland 

Have a nice day. EllenvS.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY
EllenvS
Pendler/in

Hi @Jiexi 

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days in a row : The period of validity for the activated days always begins at 00.00 hrs on the first day of validity and ends at 05.00 hrs on the 3 day.

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days Flex: The period of validity for the chosen, activated day begins at 00.00 hrs and ends at 05.00 hrs on the following day. 

Already activated travel days can be deactivated/changed as often as desired until the start of the validity period at 23:59.

An activated day pass can no longer be deactivated/changed on the day of travel.

More info here: My switzerland 

Have a nice day. EllenvS.