Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

How does Swiss Pass validity time counted?

SOLVED
Jiexi

Hi, I bought a 3 days Swiss Pass, does it start counted on 00:00 of the day and end on 23:59 on third day? 

Or it start counting only when I start using it? eg I start using it at 10:00, it will end on 10:00 on third day?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EllenvS
Pendler/in

Hi @Jiexi 

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days in a row : The period of validity for the activated days always begins at 00.00 hrs on the first day of validity and ends at 05.00 hrs on the 3 day.

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days Flex: The period of validity for the chosen, activated day begins at 00.00 hrs and ends at 05.00 hrs on the following day. 

Already activated travel days can be deactivated/changed as often as desired until the start of the validity period at 23:59.

An activated day pass can no longer be deactivated/changed on the day of travel.

More info here: My switzerland 

Have a nice day. EllenvS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES
KatarzynaKubica

How can I change the time of validity? I come to Zurich only at 13:00 on Oct 4th and leave at 15:30 on Oct 7th. If validity starts and ends so early morning I won't be able to benefit from it. I was thinking that I can activate it ie. at 14:00 and it would deactivate authomatically on Oct 7th after 14:00. Please help me. Thank you!  

Hello @KatarzynaKubica 

My colleague has already specified the validity times in the accepted solution. Activation by desired time for 24h is not possible.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Contact Center at +41 848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.) or from abroad at +41 51 225 78 00.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards, VlaznimA.

EllenvS
Pendler/in

Hi @Jiexi 

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days in a row : The period of validity for the activated days always begins at 00.00 hrs on the first day of validity and ends at 05.00 hrs on the 3 day.

If you have the Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days Flex: The period of validity for the chosen, activated day begins at 00.00 hrs and ends at 05.00 hrs on the following day. 

Already activated travel days can be deactivated/changed as often as desired until the start of the validity period at 23:59.

An activated day pass can no longer be deactivated/changed on the day of travel.

More info here: My switzerland 

Have a nice day. EllenvS.