Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Half-Fare travelcard validity in Austria

Jukka

Hello! I have a situation where I am going to travel between Austria from St. Anton am Arlberg to Switzerland, Eglisau for 5-6 months. I would travel roughly once a week back and forth this distance. Is the Half-Fare travelcard the best option for this kind of weekly traveling between countries, and is it valid also in Austria? Or are there any better solutions? Thank you in advance! -Jukka

1 REPLY
ValerieS
Traveller (platinum)

Hello @Jukka

The Half-Fare travelcard entitles you to a 50% reduction on journeys within Switzerland. If you have a Half-Fare travelcard and buy your ticket in Switzerland, you will receive a 25% discount on routes to Germany and Austria. More information on the Half-Fare travelcard is available here.

You can calculate and book international connections directly online. Please consider that an online price calculation is possible maximum 3 months ahead under the link:
https://www.sbb.ch/en/ticketshop/b2c/adw.do?7731

We don't have any other specific cross-border cards for Austria/Switzerland.

Greetings, ValerieS