Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Please use our help & contact area for all questions regarding your ticket bookings and for refunds.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, addresses, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Half Fare Travelcard

SOLVED
AlexandruCorbu
New Author

Hello,

Next week I will move to Switzerland with my family. I tried to buy online an SBB Half Fare Travel card, but since we don't have a customer number, it was not possible.

Could I buy the 1 year Half Fare Travelcard when we arrive at Genève Airport? Even if we don't have yet the Swiss address?

Thank you,

Alex Corbu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @VlaznimA,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Now it's more clear for me.

Best Regards,

Alex Corbu

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES
VlaznimA

Hello @AlexandruCorbu 

If you live in a country bordering Switzerland, you can first leave your address abroad at the ticket office in Geneva Airport and buy the Half-Fare Card. You can then change your address if you have an address in Switzerland. If you do not live in a bordering country, you cannot purchase the Half-Fare travelcard for the time being. Only when you have an address in Switzerland. As an alternative there is the Swiss half fare card https://www.sbb.ch/en/leisure-holidays/inspiration/international-guests/swiss-halffare-card.html.

For further information visit The Half Fare Travelcard on the SwissPass | SBB.

Kind regards, VlaznimA.

Hello @VlaznimA,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Now it's more clear for me.

Best Regards,

Alex Corbu