Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour
Announcements
Refund request
Please use our support pages for all questions regarding your ticket bookings.
The SBB Community is a public forum (customers help customers); please don’t post any personal data (names, e-mail, credit card numbers, ticket order no. etc.).

Halbtax und SwissPass

Lili_B

Hi!

I am coming to Switzerland from Hungary in February. I will stay for 5-6 months, so I would like to buy a Half fare travel card. I don't have a SwissPass and I think it is impossible to ship the card to Hungary. Is there any option to buy a Half fare travel card from abroad before my travel, so I could use it for my arrival too? Or can I buy it at the train station in Zürich and use it immediately to travel into Bern?

Thank you for your help!

1 REPLY
NicolasK

Hi @Lili_B 

It is possible to buy it online but I don't think there is enough time (production time and abroad shipping).

The easiest way is to buy the half-fare travelcard directly upon arrival at the SBB ticket office at Zurich Airport. It is important to provide a fixed address in Switzerland for the delivery of the card. Your first and last name must be on the mailbox.

Required documents: For the Half-Fare travelcard you have to bring the completed order form, an original passport photo and your passport or ID card to the ticket office. I advise you to print the order form, fill it out and bring it to the SBB counter.

You will find more information and the order form here.

I wish you a good afternoon and for the next month, a wonderful stay in our country.

Best regards
NicolasK