Step 1

This is where customers help other customers. Find useful information in existing discussions or ask your questions.

Forward

Step 2

You can discover and actively shape the digital services of SBB here.

Back Forward

Step 3

You will find tips and tricks about train travel here.

Back Forward

Step 4

You will see the latest posts from all areas of the Community here.

Back End tour

Glacier express with One day pass

New Author
0 Likes

Hi, me and husband both of half fare card. We plan to buy one day pass at stadt (municipal) in Zurich and visit Zermatt  which includes Glacier express. So I have following questions regarding it:

1. Does this pass applicable from glacier express also?

2. How many days in advance I have to buy the one day pass from stadt office? Do I have to pay half amount for this one day pass as I have half fare card?

Thank you so much!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Glacier express with One day pass

0 Likes

Hello @PoojaG 

The one-day pass of the municipality is valid for the Glacier Express. I inform you that the reservation of a place is mandatory and subject to a fee.

For the purchase deadline and the price of the municipality's day ticket, please check directly with the municipality concerned.

I wish you a nice afternoon.

Best regards
JulieL

All Replies
Highlighted

0 Likes

Hello @PoojaG 

The one-day pass of the municipality is valid for the Glacier Express. I inform you that the reservation of a place is mandatory and subject to a fee.

For the purchase deadline and the price of the municipality's day ticket, please check directly with the municipality concerned.

I wish you a nice afternoon.

Best regards
JulieL

New Author
0 Likes

Thank you @JulieL 

Another thing I wanted to know that Can a person with tourist visa use this one day municipal pass to travel across Switzerland? 

Regards!

0 Likes

Hallo @PoojaG,

The one day municipal pass is only available for people residents in the city. I suggest you to buy a Super Saver Day Pass on our web site: https://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/1-day-travelpass/saver-day-pas....

Have a nice day

SamanthaAd